One fellowship position is available for a professional collaborative pianist, who is between the ages of 23 and 33. As an Eastern Music Festival Piano Fellow, this musician will perform keyboard parts with the two Young Artists Orchestras and accompany EMF students for the concerto competition finals, studio classes, and public master classes. The Piano Fellow will be the liaison between the piano faculty and the Director of Education as needed.
Additionally, the Piano Fellow has access to a wide variety of workshops, seminars and professional development opportunities giving them access to all aspect of the artistic and administrative activities required of professional musicians.
Work includes evening and weekend assignments and no outside (non-EMF) engagements may be accepted during the fellowship period without prior written agreement between the Fellow and EMF.
The recipient of this fellowship will receive a $700 stipend and room (a shared on-campus apartment) and board (Guilford College meal card).
- Applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 33
- Applicants must be available for full term of Fellowship
- $700 Stipend
- Room (shared on-campus apartment) and board (Guilford College meal card)
How to Apply
1. Complete the Piano Fellowship Application. All applicants must complete the Piano Fellow Application (available online at getacceptd.com/EMFestival). The deadline for receipt of completed applications and video recordings is February 21, 2021.
2. Upload your audition materials. All applicants must submit a cover letter, CV, short biography (250 words or less), and the repertoire requirements for their instrument. All mateirals must be uploaded through our Acceptd portal. The fee for submitting your application and audition via Accepted is $35 prior to January 1, 2021, and $75 thereafter. Call 336.333.7450 x 227 for additional details.
3. The successful applicant will demonstrate professional-level artistic abilities and will also demonstrate that they posess excellent communication skills and the competencies required of all EMF Fellows.
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.